Free resources to help you put games together!
- 123dapp - Models from 3-D scanners and simple modelling tools.
- "Kawaii" Tank (Tiger-I) - Tank model with flexible tracks on the Unity asset store. Not actually v kawaii ;)
- Archive Team: The Geocities MIDI Collection - A large collection of MIDI filces recused from Geocities.
- Unity 5.x Shaders and Effects Cookbook, authors both have free tutes:
- UCLA Wireframe Shader
- Advanced Wireframe Shader
- Screen Space Fluids
- Star Nest Skybox
- Free shaders on the Unity Asset Store
- Retro3D - PlayStation-like shader. 'Basically, it's a kind of unlit shader, but also reduces the precision of geometric operations, and cancels the perspective correction for texture mapping.'
- Versions with lighting: github.com/GuiglParty/Stage-Fright/tree/master/Assets/Retro3D
- Flashback '94 - Another PSX-y shader set ($20).
- psx_retroshader - Another one.
Tools for converting shaders between languages
- HLSL to GLSL Converter
- HLSL to GLSL Source Converter
- Unity Shadertoys (a.k.a Converting GLSL shaders to Cg/HLSL) - info
- shadertoy.com - Browse free shaders. Pretty demanding website D:
Textures / Tiles
- 1078 Weird Textures (there's a ZIP of all the textures in the subfolder there too)
- lsdtexs Rip of textures from LSD Dream Emulator. Can't remember where I found them :(
- Decorative Papers, found by the community from the Mechanical Curator Collection
- Genetica Texture Packs They're in an odd format (.GTX), but can be converted with a program on the site (I should convert and upload these). You can also just download versions of them, one-by-one as .JPG files.
- Textures.com. You can limit your search to textures that tile seemlessly, but not everything seems to be filed correctly. Has a nice preview feature too. You'll have to either use 'view page info' or an adblocker to bypass their little download protection ;)