Hover Your Own Pixel
|Hover Your Own Pixel
Hover Your Own Pixel (HYOP) is a tool that takes specially formatted drawings (as PNG) and lets you fly round them, with 8-way movement and gravity a bit like a cave flyer. By adding special symbols (stamps) to your drawing you can create different game objects like recharging stations and enemies.
Rules for image creation are pretty straightforward:
- Size between 144×108 and 8000×8000
- Use #000000 or transparent to represent the area the player can move.
- Use #FF00FF for the stamps, and don't use it elsewhere.
- Save as PNG.
The image here is taken from HYOP's Itch page. I find it helpful to keep open, so I can just copy the stamp and paste them into my levels. You can also load it into the tool to see what all the different stamps do.
- The itch page has some example PNGs you can play.
- Hover Pixel 384 - Maybe not right to call this an example, but it's the same format.
- Hover-Pixel Goes to Ultima 2